Saturday, September 24, 2016

Week 2

Howdy! And welcome to Week 2 of B183:15. Today I will share what I learned while watching Randy Pausch's Last Lecture. The result of which posed some interesting questions for me.

Why do you think Randy Pausch was able to achieve so many of his childhood dreams?
I believe that Randy was able to achieve many of his dreams because he did not give up even if he hit an obstacle. But rather he looked for ways to make those things happen within the system. Also he worked hard to achieve his goals. And even if one did not come to completion he still appreciated the lesson it taught him. 

Do you feel that dreaming is important? Why or why not?
I believe that dreaming is important as it gives you an aspiration to reach. And as Norman Vincent Peale said “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” 

Discuss at least one of your childhood dreams. Explain why you believe you can or cannot achieve this dream.
One of my childhood dreams was to become a mother. Which is still an aspiration I hope to reach one day. I do have hopes of achieving this dream. But unlike many out there that can get pregnant through natural causes or with a little help from the doctor. Unfortunately, that is not the case for me. I've tried both methods and the result was that the fertility doctor could not help me. That is she could not help me unless I went the route of having the lab create a test tube baby. The downside to this is the financial cost. So as I did not want to waste money on the hope of becoming a mom I have changed the route I would pursue this. Which leaves me with the option of adoption. 

I believe these are great lessons for everyone to learn. After all life does not always go as planned. But if you stick to it and try you will be a better person for it. (343 words)


No comments:

Post a Comment